Welcome to the new VOTHG forum

General Discussion
VOTHG.WebDir
Site Admin

Welcome to the new VOTHG forum

Post by VOTHG.WebDir » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Hey Gang,

Over the last year, I have been working to replace the VOTHG forum. Since Tapatalk Forums bought out FreeForums.org, I have been sent several complaints regarding the new service. Unfortunately, the way the Tapatalk forum is setup, I am not able to migrate your current username and passwords. So, at the moment, there is no approval process for creating an account (I will turn the approval process back on in a month or two). Just register a username and password, then log in.

If you are asking why the VOTHG board has decided to make this this change, here are the main reasons.

1. Tapatalk (www.tapatalk.com/groups/valleyothg) is free but the pop ups and ads can be overwhelming for some members.
2. To remove the pop ups and ads, Tapatalk charges a monthly fee.
3. With the updates to our current website (valleyothg.com), to build this forum was free as a sub domain.
4. The new forum (forum.valleyothg.com) is completely controlled by the current board members and can easily transitioned to the next board as the years go on.

The downside is the history will be left on the old forum. As long as it is kept online, the history will be there. The current board members cannot control that.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jeff Mooneyham

VOTHG.WebDir
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the new VOTHG forum

Post by VOTHG.WebDir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:05 am

Due to spamming accounts joining and spamming content, I've had to enable to approval process to join the forum. I will be checking this daily to get members added as they join the new forum. Please be patient!